How do I prepare for a behavioural interview?
Companies that employ behavioural interviewing have predetermined the skill sets
they require for a particular position. These skill sets could include: decision
making and problem solving, leadership, motivation, communication, interpersonal
skills, planning and organisation, critical thinking skills, team building and the
ability to influence others.
The company determines the skill sets by doing a detailed analysis of the position
they are seeking to fill. Job seekers also must go through this same process. To
conduct a job analysis the job seeker should ask questions such as:
- What are the necessary skills to do this job?
- What makes a successful candidate?
- What would make an unsuccessful candidate?
- Why have people left this position previously?
- What is the most difficult part of this job?
Back to Behavioural interviewing