I.T Helpdesk - 1st line support analyst
Our client, a major global player in the I.T industry, has an excellent opportunity available for enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking individuals to join the I.T Service Desk team on a temporary basis, with the potential to move into a permanent role after a 6 month period. The role is based in Stevenage.
This is a chance to learn on the job in a supportive and encouraging team. The role involves providing first line support for a variety of IT problems on various systems, resolving where possible using documented procedures, and where further support is needed, passing on to second line support teams. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to troubleshoot problems is required.
Intensive training will be provided, however it is essential that applicants have some customer service experience, an interest in I.T, (helpdesk/ call centre), along with the ability to pick up new technology quickly, and strong communication skills.
Applicants must be committed, reliable, and flexible to work 5 shifts per week of 8 hours between 7am - 7pm Mon - Sun (7am - 4pm, 8am - 5pm, 9am - 6pm and 10am - 7pm) with a maximum of 1 weekend every 2 weeks, and 2 bank holidays per year on a rota basis
Duties include, but not limited to
- Taking inbound calls in a busy, target driven call centre environment
- Providing a high level of customer service to internal users.
- Using the in-house call logging system "Remedy" (training will be provided)
- Meeting customer service and call answering targets, to ensure an efficient, cost effective service desk function is provided with a very high level of customer service
- Working and solving escalations as part of a team
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to troubleshoot problems is required.
- Experience in a customer service role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pick up new computer systems
- Demonstrable interest in technology
- Flexible to work shifts as required, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays on a rota basis
- Motivated, enthusiastic and reliable
- Good team worker who is keen to develop and progress