1st Line IT Helpdesk Support - Infrastructure
Our client, a major global player in the I.T industry, has an excellent opportunity available for enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking individuals to join the I.T Service Desk team on a temporary basis, with the potential to move into a permanent role after a 6 month period. The client's office is based in Stevenage.
I.T Helpdesk experience is not required, but would be beneficial. Intensive training will be provided so this is a great opportunity for applicants who can show some I.T knowledge and to get a foot in the door and build an I.T helpdesk career.
4 - 6 weeks intensive training will be provided, however it is essential that applicants have some customer service experience, an interest in I.T, (helpdesk/ call centre), along with the ability to pick up new technology quickly, and strong communication skills.
Candidates must be committed, reliable, and flexible to work 5 shifts per week of 8 hours per day between 7am - 7pm Mon - Sun pro rata basis.
- Taking inbound calls in a busy, target driven call centre environment
- Providing a high level of customer service to internal customers
- Using the in-house call logging system ''Remedy'' (training will be provided)
- Dealing with escalations and logging and resolving incidents at 1st line.
- Meeting customer service and call answering targets, to ensure an efficient, cost effective service desk function is provided with a very high level of customer service
- Working as part of a team
Requirements and Person specifications
- Desirable 1 years previous experience in 1st Line IT support environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 2007.
- Insident management experience - managing incidents including business expectations, priotarisations and communications would be highly regarded.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2007 within network environment (permissions, calendar sharing and communication) would be desired.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and reliable.
- Good team worker who is keen to develop and progress as well as demonstrate skills of making fast decisions.