Our client has an excellent opportunity for an Application Imaging Administrator on a temporary 6m contract starting ASAP.
Candidates would be primarily responsible for the operation and management of a large SCCM infrastructure containing many gold images with patch management, system inventory and software deployment. The SCCM infrastructure supports desktops and notebooks in excess of 60K users.
The candidate is expected to be an expert in administrating Imaging (using MDT & SCCM), patch management, software distribution via Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2016.
Candidates have to have an in-depth understanding on the inner workings of SCCM 2016 (and/or previous versions). Desktop support engineers and vendors will look to you for expert advice during software deployment troubleshooting.
The candidate will be responsible for the overall design, configuration, operations, fault resolution, operation and upgrade of the SCCM system.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere and improve change management, problem management, release management, configuration management, disaster recovery and system lifecycle processes.
- Develops and executes enterprise workstation imaging and deployment methodologies
- Manages SCCM Operating System Deployment (OSD) implementation
* Manages SCCM Software Update Point (SUP)
* Troubleshoots problems to locate root cause and appropriate fixes in expedient fashion
* Provides client support and technical issue resolution in support of other teams
* Prepares standard statistical reports
* Consults with third party vendors to obtain support, make recommendations, schedule work orders, and assist customer with their requests
* Documents or revises user and technician training manuals and procedures
* Packages, tests and deploys automated desktop application installations within a SMS and SCCM framework
* Creates collections and advertisements for mass software distribution
* Develops and executes methodologies for increasing infrastructure optimization and standardization
* Ensures correct installation, configuration, use, and maintenance of the Microsoft SCCM Platform
* Assists in developing and maintaining group policy
* Manages deployment of all patches, critical updates and service packs on a timely basis
- Maintains ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolution and general workstation management support
* Works with vendors for support with resolving issues and developing/maintaining platform strategy
* Coordinates applications release with the customer
* Provides mentoring, guidance, and professional development support to others on staff
* Provides back-up infrastructure support as needed
Qualifications | E- Essential; D- Desired
- 6 to 8 years' experience implementing/managing workstation and server management platforms, OS image deployment and maintenance, software and patch deployment, and related technologies (E)
* Senior level experience administering and managing an enterprise SCCM environment (E)
* Experience with OSD, SQL, SUP, SCCM deployment and packaging (E)
* Scripting knowledge with VBScript, Wise, Install Shield (E)
* Experience with supporting Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 (D)
* Experience with monitoring of ticketing system, prioritizing problems, supporting projects, and supporting enterprise level infrastructure (E)
* Experience working with inventory, supporting client hardware (workstations, laptops, printers, and other equipment) (E)
* Experience installing, patching/maintaining, and troubleshooting applications and operating systems (E)
* Must be able to work autonomously and independently with minimal guidance (D)
* Technician should have good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong customer service skills (D)
* Experience collaborating on enterprise level projects (D)