Our Client is an international company focused on providing a range of Indirect Tax Compliance
and Consulting Services to clients worldwide. Striving to help clients through the complexity of a global
indirect tax compliance environment. The company assists in overcoming indirect tax complexity at both the
organisational and transactional level.
The company has a global presence with over 32 offices worldwide. With our Global Center of Excellence in Dublin
employing 250, we have a renowned reputation for delivering a quality of service consistent with our mission of
achieving client excellence. The company's core competencies have evolved over the past number of years to
include outsourcing activities, namely Corporate Travel & Expense Management Services, Auditing, Data
Capture, Document Processing boasting both Blue Chip and Government contract wins.
Senior Business Development Manager - Consulting Services
We require an exceptionally strong Senior Business Development Manager to sell our range of Indirect Tax
Compliance and Consulting Services in the European market, targeting new clients only. This opportunity offers
the right candidate, the potential to make their mark in this market and contribute to the strategic development
of Meridian's expanding services.
Supported by a dedicated telemarketing resource you will receive good quality sales leads which you will be
expected to close in order to generate high revenue sales.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, win and close new business contracts with large multinational companies
- Develop and manage healthy business Pipeline of prospective customers
- Attend meetings and sell the services to prospective new customers
- Negotiate fees
- Close deals and sign contracts with new customers
- Deal with cross- territory sales deals ( European & Global agreements) where applicable
- Understand developments within the customers industries and the strategic interests of the customer
- Strong focus on selling to 'C' (director) level senior management decision makers in large companies
- Build up extensive Product knowledge and knowledge of Competitors
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual personal revenue targets
- Manage and motivate a dedicated telemarketing resource
* At least 5 years experience selling consulting /outsourcing services to global 1000 organisations
* Proven and demonstrable record of winning and closing new business sales deals with new nonexisting
clients and meeting yearly targets. This is not an account management role.
* Strong experience selling at Senior Level with ability to generate and communicate unique value
propositions. Excellent ability to initiate relationships with new clients, with the ability to influence and
* Significant commercial negotiation experience. Exceptional business and analytical skills
* Very experienced at managing end-to-end sales cycle at a corporate level ie. lead generation,
identifying real sales opportunities, lead presenter at client meetings, putting together detailed
proposals, managing client negotiations and closing deals
* Tenacious, deep knowledge and understating of the consultative sales process
* The client contacts are generally CFO's, Finance Directors, Tax Directors, Shared Service Centre
Directors, Managing Directors, General Managers. Candidates must have experience of selling into
this level within an organisation.
Ideally previous industry background might include experiences gained within Finance outsourcing, payroll,
leasing, consulting, legal, tax, banking, insurance environments