Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires a Citrix Engineer for a temporary contract based in London.
- Serving as the expert in implementations and migrations of the latest Citrix and application virtualization technologies; recommending solutions to support and enhance our existing systems
- Providing on-going support of installed application systems including resolution of application systems incidents, root cause analysis of problems, impact analysis and planning of proposed system upgrades and patches.
- Maintaining all related technical documentation; where applicable, developing and communicating company policies and procedures.
- Establish and validate full functionality of disaster recovery environment for critical business applications.
- Manage backup and recovery operations for multiple data centers.
- Work closely with technical teams to detect network faults and performance issues and proactively implement monitoring services and alerts to prevent future occurrences.
- Maintain highly secured systems through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
- Participating in the evaluation, planning, design and implementation of new application initiatives.
- Ensure high availability of all critical applications and servers while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Assisting in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for internal development projects.
- Identifying opportunities and implementing solutions to improve business processes and productivity.
- Ensuring the application of Enterprise IT policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all services.
- Experience in design, implementation, troubleshooting of Citrix Presentation Server, XenApp, App-V and Xendesktop. Experience in Citrix upgrade and farm migration from planning through implementation.
- Good troubleshooting skills in Citrix printers, profiles, resource manager's thresholds, installation manager, Citrix Farm Configuration.
- Strong understanding of Load Manager, Resource manager and installation manager.
- Strong knowledge in configuring Roaming profiles and Streaming profile configuration
- Previous experience in publishing applications in Citrix and application virtualization using AppSense and/or Microsoft App-V.
- Respond to patch management requirements by assessing risk, devising plans, and executing plans to all servers, server components, and other devices.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of the organization as well as various levels of the customer's organization.
- Management skills