Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires a Hadoop Administrator for a 3 month temporary contract for immediate start based in Eastleigh, Hampshire.
- Support and manage big data analytics platform built on Ubuntu Xenial OS version 16.04.5, external PostgreSQL Database Servers, CHD 5.15.1 and Cloudera Manager 5.15.1. Essentially a Linux Hadoop estate.
- CDH is the open source platform that includes the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Maintain the Hadoop platform is taking ingress via ETL flumes, HAproxy instance in a DMZ that acts as a relay to CDL messages that supports the IHP Hadoop environment. It is a distributed file system for very large amounts of data (HDFS). We use IHP which divides MapReduce into map, shuffle, and reduce phases.
- Netdata a graphing tool for statistics produced by the Linux kernel.
- Webmin, a web-based administration tool for Linux kernel and Keep-alive for HAProxy failover.
- Python and Anaconda deployment and management.
- Cloudera Manager
- Shell Scripting
- Python and Anaconda deployment