Citrix Server Specialist (3rd Line Engineer)
Our client, a global supplier for IT services, requires a technically strong Citrix server specialist with 3rd line engineer experience to provide high level admin and support for existing Citrix and Server systems and Incident, change management and request fulfilment.
You will report directly to the customer Infrastructure Lead - UK&I Technical Design and Support
This role is a 6m temporary role based in Brighton and the client is looking for contractors based locally with an easy commute.
- Maintain and Manage the Citrix XenApp and Xen Desktop 7+ environment
- Support for Citrix Services utilizing MCS
- Manage the delivery of all Citrix MCS created VDI's
- Accept call escalations to resolve tickets that are escalated from Level 1 & 2 resource
- Liaise with vendors to escalate issues that cannot be resolved in house. re availability and performance compliance to SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and OLAs (Operational Level Agreements) this will mainly be for Citrix related issues.
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 configuration and administration
- Active Directory configuration and administration for operational and security schemas, including Group Policy management, Managed Service accounts
- Install and Maintain Server based applications
- 3rd Line escalation point
- Maintain Lansweeper system
- Monitor server logs and health alarms, then rectify issues and escalate as needed
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems
- Assist in Managing the onsite Backup systems - Backup Exec
- Windows deployment, SCCM imaging technology - Windows 10
- Citrix 7.x and above to include XenApps and Xen Desktop
- Citrix Services with Extensive MCS knowledge
- Extensive Citrix MCS knowledge
- VDI Management
- Active Directory configuration and administration for operational and security schemas, including Group Policy management, DHCP DNS etc.
- VMware Administration and Configuration
- Enterprise storage and backup, preferably Backup Exec
- PowerShell Scripting
- MS SCCM 2012 and above, including MDT
- Solarwinds (Orion, Network Perf Mon, VMan, SAM)
- Patch Management
- McAfee ePO
- Server operating systems
- Dell/EMC SAN Management
- Backup Technologies
- Ivanti (AppSense) "Profile Management Solution"
- MS LAPS
- Understanding of Firewall Technologies
- Understanding of Networking technologies (Subnets, VLAN's etc.)
- Service Now experience