Data Researcher/Analyst - Commodity Data - Intelligence
Our client, a global leader in the finance sector, is seeking a motivated graduate with strong attention to detail and a passion for finance to join the team in a temporary capacity, working on data research projects on their Energy & Commodities team with an immediate start to the end of 2016. For the right person, opportunities may be available for either contract extension or a permanent role within the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the build-out of content and maintenance of data required for our client's intelligence software. Focus will be within Energy & Commodities.
Successful applicants will receive world-class training, work in a complex and exciting environment and have the opportunity to apply for permanent roles within the business. This is a great opportunity for graduates of finance, economics, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline to begin their career within the growing information, technology and finance industries.
An additional European language, such as French, Italian, German, Swedish, Portuguese, Spanish or Dutch would be an advantage.
- Strong Excel skills, VBA knowledge is an advantage
- Should have an interest in/background within energy and commodities
- Strong eye for detail
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
- European languages an advantage
- Sourcing and qualifying relevant information
- Updating and processing data onto the database adhering to time sensitivity
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing database
- Data quality check
- Potentially speaking with clients
- Developing internal relationships and working alongside finance professionals