Data Researcher/Analyst - Finance - Indexes - Multilingual
Our client, a global leader in the finance sector, is seeking a motivated graduate with strong attention to detail and a passion for finance to join the team in a temporary capacity, working on data research projects on the Indices Data product with an immediate start to the end of 2016. For the right person, opportunities may be available for either contract extension or a permanent role within the business.
The team focuses on researching and gathering Indexes information by reviewing sources such as the S&P 500 and liaising directly with index vendors, along with filtering information and managing data queues. Aplicants must have advanced Excel including VBA, strong technical aptitude and demonstrate a keen interest in workflows and process improvements. An interest in developing coding skills and learning programming languages would be appreciated.
Successful applicants will receive world-class training, work in a complex and exciting environment and have the opportunity to apply for permanent roles within the business. This is a great opportunity for graduates of finance, economics, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline to begin their career within the growing information, technology and finance industries.
An additional European language, such as French, Italian, German, Swedish, Portuguese, Spanish or Dutch would be an advantage.
- Degree in finance, economics or similar discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Excel including VBA and keen interest in technology.
- Strong communication skills and confident telephone manner.
- High level of motivation, self discipline and the desire to progress within data research career.
- Effective research and analysis skills - advanced Excel is essential.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems.
- A second European language; e.g French, German, Italian, Spanish.
- Maintenance and monitoring of Indices data
- Assisting with data research, acquisition and processing of index data (index values, member weights and various other data provided by index vendors)
- Responding to clients queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Working alongside other data researchers and analysts in a team environment.
- Multi-tasking and working to deadlines without supervision.