Our client, a global leader in the finance industry, is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background or demonstrable interest in Financial Markets, and strong I.T skills, including advanced Excel to join their Funds Data Team for a 6 month contract that may be extended .
The successful applicant will receive world-class training, work in a complex and exciting environment and have the opportunity to apply for permanent roles within the business. This is a great opportunity for graduates of finance, economics or a related discipline with some research or working experience within financial services to begin their finance career within a leading organisation in the technology and finance industry.
The successful candidate will assit the team with the mutual funds pricing project which involves working with clients in assisting them to choose the best pricing provider (UK markets). Individuals should have either a financial background or be technically orientate. Full training will be provided.
Skills / Requirements:
- Strong Excel skills and ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Interest and/or proven experience in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
- Should have an interest in mutual funds data
- Technical mind-set
- Strong eye for detail
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
- Additional European languages an advantage