Data Researcher/Analyst - Commodity Data - Agriculture & Oil
Our client, a global leader in the finance sector, is seeking a motivated graduate with strong attention to detail and a passion for finance to join the team in a temporary capacity, working on data research projects on their Energy & Commodities team with an immediate start to the end of 2016. For the right person, opportunities may be available for either contract extension or a permanent role within the business.
The position will involve data collection and the maintenance of large datasets, with a main focus on the agricultural and oil markets.
Successful applicants will receive world-class training, work in a complex and exciting environment and have the opportunity to apply for permanent roles within the business. This is a great opportunity for graduates of finance, economics, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline to begin their career within the growing information, technology and finance industries.
- Good written/verbal communicator - very good English is essential
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive and takes ownership of projects
- Strong excel skills
- Technical mind-set
- Should have an interest in/background within energy and commodities
- Sourcing and qualifying relevant information
- Updating and processing data onto the database adhering to time sensitivity
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing database
- Data quality check
- Potentially speaking with clients
- Developing internal relationships and working alongside finance professionals