Data Researcher/Analyst - Commodity Data - Quality Assurance
Our client, a global leader in the finance sector, is seeking a motivated graduate with strong attention to detail and a passion for finance to join the team in a temporary capacity, working on data research projects on their Energy & Commodities team with an immediate start to the end of 2016. For the right person, opportunities may be available for either contract extension or a permanent role within the business.
The successful candidate will be focused on the processing and system build out of our client's quality control processes and capabilities across all energy commodity asset classes.
Successful applicants will receive world-class training, work in a complex and exciting environment and have the opportunity to apply for permanent roles within the business. This is a great opportunity for graduates of finance, economics, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline to begin their career within the growing information, technology and finance industries.
- Strong Excel skills
- VBA/macro capabilities a plus
- Good time management
- Strong written/verbal communicator
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive and takes ownership of projects
- Maths/physics/statistics/engineering background desirable
- Must have an interest in finance- knowledge of EU energy markets is a plus
- No specific language skills required
- Sourcing and qualifying relevant information
- Updating and processing data onto the database adhering to time sensitivity
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing database
- Data quality check
- Potentially speaking with clients
- Developing internal relationships and working alongside finance professionals