Data Researcher/Analyst - Finance - Indexes - Multilingual
Our client, a global leader in the finance sector, is seeking a motivated graduate with strong attention to detail and a passion for finance to join the team in a temporary capacity, working on data research projects on the Indices Data product with an immediate start for 2 months. For the right person, opportunities may be available for either contract extension or a permanent role within the business.
The team focuses on researching and gathering Indexes information by reviewing sources such as the S&P 500 and liaising directly with index vendors, along with filtering information and managing data queues. Aplicants must have advanced Excel including VBA, strong technical aptitude and demonstrate a keen interest in workflows and process improvements. An interest in developing coding skills and learning programming languages would be appreciated.
Successful applicants will receive world-class training, work in a complex and exciting environment and have the opportunity to apply for permanent roles within the business. This is a great opportunity for graduates of finance, economics, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline to begin their career within the growing information, technology and finance industries.
An additional European language would be an advantage.
- Degree in finance, economics or similar discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Excel including VBA and keen interest in technology.
- Strong communication skills and confident telephone manner.
- High level of motivation, self discipline and the desire to progress within data research career.
- Effective research and analysis skills - advanced Excel is essential.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems.
- A second European language; e.g French, German, Italian, Spanish.
- Maintenance and monitoring of Indices data
- Assisting with data research, acquisition and processing of index data (index values, member weights and various other data provided by index vendors)
- Responding to clients queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Working alongside other data researchers and analysts in a team environment.
- Multi-tasking and working to deadlines without supervision.