Our client, a global leader within the fin-tech industry, is seeking a commercially astute, highly motivated and articulate Data Analyst with advanced data manipulation and intermediate programming skills to join a friendly and dynamic team based in their central London office. Experience of working with VBA macros essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive organisation that values and promotes self-development and provides a complex, positive and energetic working environment.
The role is a 12 month contract that may be extended, and for the right person, could lead to permanent opportunities within the business. The successful candidate will be a quick thinker with a high level of initiative, eye for detail, a passion for data and technology and the ability to communicate with finance professionals based across the EMEA region. The role will be largely unsupervised so requires a self-motivated person with strong problem solving skills. The position requires collaborating with international colleagues to process and upload content, using data manipulation and programming skills to achieve maximum efficiency and accuracy.
Any additional European languages alongside English would be a major benefit but this is not essential.
- Providing customers with comprehensive information across multiple markets
- Inputting pricing content into the bespoke systems
- Improving processes to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Running and creating VBA macros, identifying errors, quality checking and manipulating data
- Working unsupervised and using own initiative to solve problems and reach data upload targets
- Constant liaison with existing pricing and research contributors
- Providing technical support to customers
- Data maintenance and quality checking
- Working as part of a dynamic and fast paced team
- Ad-hoc project related tasks as required
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2-5+ years of financial and/or data analysis experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel/VBA/macros
- Proven ability to interrupt technical specialization
- Analytical tools (Python, C++, Java etc.)
- Ability to interact with clients within the financial industry
- Familiarity with content management tools
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent communication, analytical and customer service skills
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products