Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires an experienced Data Scientist for a 6 month temporary contract that may lead to a further extension. This role is based in Knutsford, Cheshire.
This position will be part of the Infrastructure Services Transformation Projects within End User Computing. You will work with various data as an individual.
- Identify valuable data sources from Multiple Business Units and work with Automation team to automate
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modelling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team player