Grants Co-ordinator - Philanthropy - 12 month contract
Our client, a global organisation with a head office based in central London, is seeking an experienced Database Co-ordinator to provide administrative and programme support to the Grants team on a 12 month contract basis.
The department is migrating to a new database, and data held in various platforms needs to be cleansed and migrated to the new system. The successful applicant will also need to create a new work flow system to capture international payments information (APAC and EMEA) in the most efficient way, taking into account in-country compliance requirements.
The role requires strong attention to detail and high level understanding of back-end payment processes, along with the ability to create new processes and train others in new systems.
In future, it is possible the role requirement could be extended, and encompass the organisation and back-end processes of payments for grants and events across the group.
An individual with a strong understanding of back-end payment processes and grants administration within the Not for Profit, CSR or Charity sectors would be well suited to this role, however individuals from relevant corporate backgrounds will also be considered.
The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and prior experience working with databases, CRM systems, or grants management systems.
Role responsibilities / duties
- Assist with the clean-up of existing data in preparation for data migration to a new database
- Provide meticulous data entry and data coding services for a range of data
- Collect and manage grant agreements and tax receipts in accordance with company and local requirements
- Help with new charity on-boarding, including collection of required information/documentation and setup in appropriate systems
- Monitor payment statuses and manage remittance process
- Assist program leads as needed with monitoring status of grant requests
- Perform due diligence on potential and/or existing charity partners
- Help with ad hoc research and information requests related to existing or potential charity partners
- Address incoming questions from existing charity partners regarding payment statuses
- Run monthly and quarterly reports for budget reconciliation, data integrity, and compliance with local tax requirements
- Work on occasional ad hoc support for other philanthropy team activities/events
- Superior written/verbal communication and outreach skills
- Previous experience working with databases, CRM systems, or grants management systems
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive materials
- Eye for detail
- Excellent time & project management skills
- Experience in a role that requires extreme attention to detail