Desktop Support Engineer
Our client, a global supplier for IT services, requires Desktop Support Engineers with expert Windows 10 and 7 experience to join their team in Hove. This is a 3 month temporary contract to start on 26th October.
You will be based in Hove but on rare occasions you may be required to travel within the UK. Mileage expenses will be paid for the travel outside of Hove.
Candidates will be required to unpack hardware set up and install Windows 10 using SCCM, troubleshoot, dismantle hardware and repack to ship to the users home.
- Extensive Knowledge on Providing Desktop Support for WIN-10 Deployment related issues and requests.
- In-depth knowledge on Deploying Windows 7 and Windows 10 image, providing touch support to fix/resolve issues after WIN-10 OS deployment on Desktops/Laptops/Tablets.
- In-depth working knowledge on managing Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10) on Physical and Virtual infrastructure.
- In-depth working knowledge with respect to identification, troubleshooting and resolution of Windows Operating System issues.
- Quantifiable extensive hands-on experience in identification, troubleshooting and resolution of various services running on Windows Operating system
- Significant experience in delivering EUC (End User Computing) solutions and understanding the End to End Infrastructure. From Windows 7 & 10 Devices, Core Applications and management of these devices using the in-place backend infrastructure
- Significant quantifiable experience in proactive monitoring, performance management and tuning on Windows based platform
- Significant quantifiable knowledge on Antivirus Management
- Knowledge on managing Windows SOE base build images for Windows 7 / 10 estate. Including Patch management, Image management with vast experience in troubleshooting issues of Windows OS and various services running on these platforms. Along with providing 3rd Level support for BAU team the principle activity will be delivering projects and managing base images.
- Ready to travel across multiple locations within UK based on project requirement.
- Unpackaging and Repackaging of Laptop/Desktop Delivery and putting shipping label for delivery at users home/another office
- OS and Application installation, Refurbishment of Laptop and Desktop
- Expert in Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating environments
- Expert in MDT and image deployment
- Perform periodic audit and determine the operating effectiveness of the information security controls.
- 3rd Level support for operating systems including performance monitoring, operations planning, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
- Experience in working with Project Managers and Lead Architect to deliver projects. Assist with producing requirements and providing proposals/costed solutions
- Should work effectively with relevant teams to investigate and resolve technical issues, and communicate progress with stakeholders across the business.
- Maintain up to date system installation and configuration documentation, as well as related processes and procedures.
- Participate in BAU Operational support and Projects delivery work as instructed by the Line Manager.
- Significant expertise in creating and maintaining Windows Client Images in a multi-tenant environment, Providing 3rd Level support
- Laptop and Desktop Refurbishment Experience
- OS Installation and Application installation, configuration.