Devops Engineer / Build & Release Engineer
Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires a Devops/Build & Release Engineer to join their service management team in London.
- Work with development teams to transition their current build and deployment processes to the automated platform the client is rolling out across Bank / Securities
- This will entail the creation of build processes in TeamCity, linking these to binary repository storage (Artifactory) and deployment automation (Jenkins / MicroFocus DA)
- Liaise with distributed development teams to manage their transition from manual processes, supporting users as we progress
- Support the direction of automation of processes by redeveloping existing manual / air gapped build and deployment processes
- Follow direction of the Build and Deployment Manager.
- Suggest / implement improvements to processes with an aim of continual improvement.
- Suggest / develop further automation possibilities.
- Understand the wider function of the team, especially the relationship with Release and Environment Management.
- Assist with testing of new processes developments when required.
- Support and maintain all elements of the Build and Deployment platform
Key Skills/ Knowledge:
- Excellent understanding of Build, Deployment and Software Configuration management tooling and processes
- Good understanding of Environment Management
- Good understanding of SQLServer / Oracle and associated deploy / release technologies (e.g. RedGate, RoundHouse, Liquibase, dbUp)
- Understanding of Web application structure and deployments (IIS / WebDeploy)
- Good ability with scripting methods (including Perl, Powershell, shell, groovy)
- Subversion (VisualSVN) / GitHub Enterprise
- Artifactory - configuration / management / integration with Build tools (including REST methods)
- TeamCity / Jenkins
- MicroFocus Deployment Automation / UrbanCode Deploy
- Jira / Confluence