Our client, a major global IT service provider, requires an experienced Embedded System Engineer (Telecoms) for a 3-5 months temporary contract based in London.
The core purpose of this role is to support upgradation of communications units which are responsible for the following services:
- Ultrafast free public WI-FI
- Phone calls
- Device charging
- Tablet for access to city services, maps and directions
The successful candidate will have strong implementation knowledge of Single Board Computers, Embedded Software and Android and, preferably, a basic understanding of networking. As this is a client facing role, you should possess a positive attitude and be a great communicator with the ability to deliver complex ideas and messages easy for others to understand.
Applicants should be available to co-locate and travel for development and integration work to Ipswich and London. There may be travel required in other places in UK and Europe based upon project requirement.
- Take current hardware solution (Single Board Computers) and develop embedded software and work on relevant operating systems for this hardware
- Reverse engineer current SBCs to identify the solutions deployed on the same
- Recommend and advise on off-the shelf Application for Integration into digital advertising solution
- Write technical specification and test documentation for the required software development for the delivery by a 3rd party software development partner
- Report to manager
- Previous implementation knowledge on SBCs, Embedded Software, Android etc.
- Basic knowledge on networking is desirable.
- Knowledge of Single Board Computers and the Software/OS installation process on the same
- Good debugging capabilities
- Strong Software development experience using Open source software and various Android OS variants
- Ability to Integrate a small number of Application for the operation of an End User tablet and delivery of advertising content to a large display
- Good communication and analytical abilities
- Ability to manage own time. Able to set own milestones and work within project time scales.
- Strong individual to take current hardware solution (Single Board Computers) and develop embedded software and work on relevant operating systems for this hardware.
- Ability to analyze data and RCA information
- Available to co-locate and travel for development and integration work at a central place in the UK and visit supplier in Europe