Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to provide a TechStop support service (laptops & desktops) to the companys' end users.
You will provide onsite operational and technical support - trouble shooting and deploying end user computing including Laptop/ Desktop/Notes/O365/ Hardware/Google suite / COTS and Mobile applications
You will be required to troubleshoot & resolve incidents and problems associated with EUC Equipment and software and provide break/fix support, advice and assistance to authorised End Users
- Trouble shooting and deploying end user compute including Laptop/ Desktop/Notes/O365/ Hardware/Google suite / COTS and Mobile applications
- Troubleshoot & Resolve Incidents and Problems associated with EUC Equipment and Software, and provide break/fix support, advice, and assistance to Authorized Users
- MSI & Service Provider Onsite Tech Support will manage the required touch support services including IMACs
- Video Conferencing/Projector/Printer basics troubleshooting
- Perform support for application certifications and deployment for endpoint software.
- Coordinate with third party as necessary to keep Equipment and Software in good working order.
- PC Asset Support: Add, Move, Change, Update, Reassign of MSI owned devices (renamed from: Install, move, add, change/refresh (IMAC) of MSI owned devices)
- Manage hard and soft break fix services for laptops and desktops.
- Including the inventory management of new and redeployable assets.
- Asset management (Asset tagging or scanning, updating the Asset database with all changes performed or reported to maintain up to date and valid data in the MSI CMDB)
- PC configuration of new and redeploying (used) PCs in inventory. Including domain joins, copying/reloading of data, profile creation, adding printers, network & wireless configuration, reinstallation of software, applying patches, post installation validations of all activities, end user training of any new hardware/software/ etc
- Monitoring users and assets with legal holds and following MSI policy for disposition and notification to users of legal holds. Data wipe and recycle of retired PCs following MSI disposal procedures and legal hold guidelines
- Provide IT training to New Hires. IT training includes standard pc set up items such as bitlocker passwords, chrome profiles, gmail set up, google 2-step authentication, okta authentication.
- PC break/fix support. Assist with hardware warranty support, if there is an agreement in place with the manufacturer (HP, etc), be the user's advocate in opening a ticket and arranging an appointment to have parts repaired or replaced
- Application installation, support, user assistance (MSI standards such as Google suite (CHROME, CALENDAR, DOCS, DRIVE, GMAIL, HANGOUTS, SHEETS, SLIDES), okta, vpn, dialpad, Adobe, Microsoft, iprocurement)
- Provide Loaner PC during repair or when new PC not in inventory. Wiping and re-imaging between users and backing up/copying end user data when necessary.
- Support, Manage, Optimize and Maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, to include, but not limited to, patch updates, hardware replacements, with spares provided by vendor.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7, Windows 10 and Office 2013
- Basic IT hardware trouble shooting skills with Windows XP/7/10 OS imaging and trouble shooting skills. MS Office and outlook trouble shooting and Basic networking skills
- Laptop and Desktop support admin with PC cycle and IMACD experience
- Working experience of SERVICE NOW
- Fluent English & good communication skills
- Knowledge of Service Management / ITIL process
- Troubleshooting on Application Support
- Troubleshooting on VPN software and Collaboration tools
- Troubleshooting on Password Reset tools and Remote Control tools