Event Manager - Financial Services
Our client, a global organisation and leader in the finance and technology sectors, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Events Manager to join their Team on a 9 months temporary contract.
The successful candidate will work in an exciting, fast - paced environment and will be responsible for the development, planning, management and execution of Business Unit events across the organization.
Previous experience of events planning within a global company environment, agency or media / news organization is desirable. The candidates should also have an expertise in event production, vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, and audience management. Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Plan and execute event programmes for the organisation's events portfolio.
- Executes a wide range of small-scale and more complex proprietary, hosted and third party events including, but not limited to training, panels, receptions, tradeshows, conferences, etc.
- Ensures a successful format development and implementation of third party and proprietary programs that drive business results
- Manages Marketing and client relationship as it relates to specific event.
- Provides event-level strategy guidance by leveraging program strategy insights, best practices and tools
- Integrates event activity with other sales/marketing/ product team priorities to drive consistent brand messaging / integrity across campaign structure
- Works with Marketing and business units to create event opportunities that drive the business forward
- Infuses customized, creative, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Develops functional relationships with Marketing and/or clients as it relates to specific events
- Collaborates directly with internal teams such as Creative Agency, Security, Facilities, Marketing, Catering, and A/V to coordinate onsite events
- Ensures compliance to budget, expenses, and reconciliations on a per event basis
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience event/experiential planning within a Global company environment, agency or media/news organization.
- Experience of utilising technology, digital and social media tactics into Events.
- Moderate skill-level with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Accomplished industry professional with excellent knowledge and thorough comprehension of event logistics and management of events
- Ability to suggest & enhance functionality on event management / tracking systems
- Must have a strong understanding of social media networks
- Technology industry interest and understanding a plus
- Ability to work independently & flexibly (travel and extended hours) under tight deadlines