We are seeking an Excel expert with strong knowledge of VBA macros to join a new team within a major finance and tech brand based in central London. The role is a 3 - 6 month contract with possible extension.
The successful candidate will work in an exciting and fast-paced environment with a global outlook, and will have the opportunity to work with a new product within the finance space. Excellent Excel (VBA), SQL skills and experience of working with access databases are essential for this role.
Essential skills and experience
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to write own VBA macros, looping, pivot tables, V look ups, IF function and other advanced formulae. This is crucial and will be tested at interview.
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and experience of working with access databases
- Quick thinker, can work without supervision. Creative mindset and ability to solve problems. Uses initiative.
- Good communication skills and able to build effective relationships with clients.
- Available immediately and able to work 8 - 6 Monday to Friday in a central London location
Preferred skills and experience
- Knowledge of financial markets and interest in finance would be ideal but is not essential
- A relevant qualification such as degree in finance, computing or engineering, or qualified by experience
- Ability to assist colleagues and clients with troubleshooting IT issues
- Previous experience working as part of a project team
- A second European language would be highly regarded but is not essential