Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires an IT Infrastructure Engineer/Field Engineer for a temporary contract of 3-6months which may be extended.
The Engineer will be based in Amersham, Buckinghamshire but you will need to travel to visit different customers from your home as far North as Nottingham. Contractors will need their own vehicle and will be paid expenses for the usage. On non- travel days you will attend the offices in Amersham to assist the Service Desk team.
- Mainly dealing with Desktops and Server Hardware troubleshooting issues. Should have worked on Dell, HP Desktop and Servers Hardware, Storage box (e.g. change disks, put workstations on place and network)
- Should have OS troubleshooting skills. Mainly Windows 7/10, Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2, Basic of RedHat Linux.
- Network and Active Directory knowledge would be good, but not mandatory
- Deploy the new applications for customer and configure with help of SOP. Should be able to create the new SOP whenever required.
- Always to ready to visit the customer location to install or decommission Hardware.
- Basic understanding of Network, Storage terminology.
- Should be able to carry the Hardware parts at customer location whenever needed.
- Should always be ready to help Service Desk team in their follow up tasks during non-visiting days.
- Degree in an IT related field or equivalent Technical experience with systems networking and user support
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills including ability to provide clear and concise status to senior management
- Inspire confidence and communicate with customers from different levels in a professional manner
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadline
- Aptitude to define actions plans to execute resolution
- Fluent in English
- Valid UK Driving License
- Own vehicle - Car or Mini Van
- An understanding of clinical workflows and data flows within healthcare environment
- Provide constructive input when requesting support to other expertise levels
- Constantly exhibits customer focus demonstrating a customer-first attitude, knowing he/she is representing the Customer
- Consistency demonstrates tact and diplomacy, when facing difficult, stressful or sensitive interpersonal situation to maintain good relationships with customers;
- communicate in a professional, respectful manner
- Demonstrate analytical skills, using experience to analyze technical issues and take relevant decisions
- Exhibit IT mindset, knowledge of IT infrastructure and products, and technical expertise in healthcare IT or IT products
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of communication skills
- Able to carry out work on heavyweight - Rack move
- Should have an understanding of ITIL