Finance Data Researcher
Our client, a global leader in the finance sector, is seeking a motivated graduate with strong attention to detail and a passion for finance to join the team in a temporary capacity, working on data research project on the Events Data product. It's an immediate start and the contract is expected to last for three months.
The team focuses on providing information about companies' key events such as key financial dates, conference dates, earnings release, economic releases and government actions.
Successful applicants will receive world-class training, work in a complex and exciting environment and have the opportunity to apply for permanent roles within the business.
The role will be a combination of working on improving the data quality and coverage of their products focusing on EMEA markets, improving and maintaining broker conference data, as well as researching on data sources. Advanced Excel skills (VBA) and fluency in an additional European language as well as English are required.
- Acquisition and processing data from sources
- Improving data quality and ensure broker conference data is up to date
- Providing timely information about Company key events, guidance and earnings releases
- Replying and providing efficient solutions to daily users and vendors inquiries
- Working with a global team to improve product information and to also improve current workflow
- Communicating with companies' investor relations departments to confirm data received
- Degree in finance, economics or similar discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Excel including VBA and keen interest in technology.
- Strong communication skills and confident telephone manner.
- High level of motivation, self-discipline and a desire to progress within data research career.
- Effective research and analysis skills - advanced Excel is essential.
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems.
- A second European language; e.g. French, German, Italian, Spanish.