Our client, a major global player in the I.T. industry, is offering an exciting opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join their Human Resources/Administration team on a full time, ongoing temporary basis. The client is looking for a bright individual to support the line manager and I.T. Analysts across the busy Service Desk. The client's site is based in Stevenage.
Previous HR or administration experience would be preferred, but is not essential. Full training will be provided so this is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to improve their existing skills and gain valuable Human Resources and Administration knowledge. Great organisation and communication skills are a must for this role.
Candidates must be committed to working in a flexible and fast paced environment, 5 shifts per week of 8 hours per day, including weekend days and bank holidays on a rota basis.
- Assisting with various HR-administration and rota issues across the Service Desk
- Managing and approving timesheets
- Managing and approving holiday requests
- Creating staffing rotas approximately 3 months in advance
- Looking after staffing costs for the Service Desk
- Helping line managers to solve specific staffing issues, such as peak periods and various adhoc events and projects
- Liaise with the Training Manager to ensure new processes are documented and communicated to the team
- Procurement for the Service Desk and work phones and tablets requests within the client site
- Build and maintain relationships across the Service Desk
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Outlook
- Past experience of using SharePoint would be highly regarded but not essential
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual who is looking to get into the field of Human Resources
- A high degree of attention to detail and high standards for delivery
- Highly effective planning and prioritisation skills
- Passionate about providing a great level of support to colleagues
- Able to work with speed and accuracy
- Can easily commute to Stevenage and flexible to work on a shift basis including weekend days