Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires an experienced Incident & Major Incident Manager for its customer based in Leamington Spa. This is a 6 month contract to start ASAP.
This role is responsible for driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process, producing management reports including KPI's and reports, Monitoring the effectiveness of incident management and making recommendations for improvement, driving, developing, managing and maintaining the major incident process and associated procedures, reviewing and auditing the process, ensuring that all IT teams follow the incident management process for every incidents, ensure incidents are moved effectively through 1st, 2nd and 3rd line teams including monitoring of critical incidents.
This role operates on a shift work pattern covering 24x7. You will be required to be on call during & out of office hours or weekend as per shift rota.
Key Skills/ Knowledge:
- Strong experience of working as Incident /Major Incident Manager at multinational firm.
- Previous experience of working on or with an IT Service Desk and experience in a customer engagement role
- Previous experience of working in a highly pressurised role
- Strong written/verbal English communication skills
- Good level of stress tolerance and changing operational priorities.
- Good level of problem solving and initiative to all tasks faced
- Ability to maintain a good rapport with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to produce accurate work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Confidence engaging with Support teams and managers at all levels of seniority.
- Ability to chair Technical and Management calls
- Experience of Triage / Prioritising incidents
- Excellent communication, fluent speaker, team member skills
- Exposure to working in an ITIL environment or willingness to work towards the same.
- Executing the Incident Management Practice
- Executing a Major Incident end to end
- Ability to co-ordinate incidents resolution activity within and across teams, to ensure actions are completed within timescales
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Efficient, proactive, helpful and Customer Service focused.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, multi task and prioritise workload
- Remains focused on the most critical / impactful task to hand using all resources efficiently and effectively
- Attention to detail (i.e. incident data accuracy; identifying gaps in process)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Experienced Microsoft Office user (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) as daily reports are produce to Service streams and senior management.
- Experience of working in shifts with teams working in different time zones.