Our client, a leading IT service provider, is seeking for experienced, motivated and reliable Incident Manager with a strong background in IT Service Desk to join the Castle Donington (East Midlands) operations team in an ongoing temporary capacity, taking control of incidents and providing incident management support for system problems, along with working alongside the Team Leader to support the first line helpdesk, and representing the team at meetings. The successful applicants will help to provide an efficient, cost effective and customer focused Service desk by assisting with incidents and issues as they arise.
This is a 24/7 operation and applicants need to be available to work all shifts as required - 06:00am - 6:00pm; 6:00pm - 6:00am.
- Single point of contact for the business for all incidents raised as a having an impact to operations.
- Identification and classification of incidents based on customer and operational impact.
- Prioritise incidents, based on impact and urgency, and assessing resources and capacity.
- Raising the necessary incidents within the Remedy IT Service Management Tool. Maintaining the queues effectively and ensuring all information is accurate and of a high quality.
- Define and send communication updates of all incidents until incident resolution.
- Proactive co-ordination of incidents through to resolution and recovery.
- Generation of daily, weekly and monthly reporting as defined
- Initiate the Major Incident process if and when required.
- Apply the escalation process when required to ensure focus on high severity incidents.
- Execute effective handovers to oncoming shift Incident Managers to ensure continuity.
- Attend all operational team meetings as defined.
- Proficient in the knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems
- Expert understanding of MS Office, SAP, Windows 8, Blackberry/iOS
- Minimum 2 years experience in a complex and fast paced Service Desk Analyst role
- Some experience of problem solving incidents
- Has a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving with very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Uses initiative and shows ability to transfer knowledge and skills across the team
- Able to work under pressure and successfully prioritise time
- Experience of working in a large Service Desk, target oriented environment
- Experience managing suppliers and vendors
- Strong understanding and some experience of escalation processes
- Experience of creating operational and management reports
- Can commute or relocate to Castle Donington (East Midlands)
Skills - Useful
- Project Management (PRINCE2)
- ITIL Foundation