Our client, a leading IT service provider, is seeking for experienced, motivated and reliable Incident Manager to join the Castle Donington (East Midlands) operations team in an ongoing temporary capacity.
The primary purpose of the Incident Manager is to aid in the restoration of service as quickly as possible and to minimise business impact through effective communication and mitigation.
This is a 24/7 operation and applicants need to be available to work all shifts as required - 06:00am - 6:00pm; 6:00pm - 6:00am.
The responsibilities of the Incident Management Team Members are as follows;
- Single point of contact for the business for all incidents raised as a having an impact to operations.
- Identification and classification of incidents based on customer and operational impact.
- Prioritise incidents, based on impact and urgency, and assessing resources and capacity.
- Raising the necessary incidents within the Remedy IT Service Management Tool. Maintaining the queues effectively and ensuring all information is accurate and of a high quality.
- Define and send communication updates of all incidents until incident resolution.
- Proactive co-ordination of incidents through to resolution and recovery.
- Generation of daily, weekly and monthly reporting as defined
- Initiate the Major Incident process if and when required.
- Apply the escalation process when required to ensure focus on high severity incidents.
- Execute effective handovers to oncoming shift Incident Managers to ensure continuity.
- Attend all operational team meetings as defined.
- Undertake any ad-hoc tasks requested by the Service Delivery Manager or IT Operations Manager.
Skills - Mandatory
- Good analytical skills, structured and methodical approach.
- Sound knowledge of the NDC/EDC product journey and flow.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively depending on the audience.
- Commitment to Quality Standards and continuous improvement.
- An understanding of Service Level Agreements and their application.
Skills - Useful
- Project Management (PRINCE2)
- ITIL Foundation