Project Design Consultant/ Infrastructure Architect/ Solution Architect
Our client , a global supplier of IT services, requires an Infrastructure Architect/ Solution Architect with Infrastructure Migration experience and working knowledge of Azure.
Candidates must be Technical and Design Leads with Project Management experience.
This is a temporary 6m + contract role based in Reading. Start 23rd April or before. Notice periods considered for the right candidate.
Purpose of the Role:
The primary job purpose is Infrastructure Design and Consulting:
The Project Design Consultant will be responsible for creating detailed technical infrastructure designs (HLDs and LLDs) and providing technical consultancy to internal stakeholders. The role requires the possession of necessary self-discipline to take ownership and responsibility for delivering complex projects and technical consultancy work on time and to a high quality.
This role expects extensive infrastructure design knowledge and capability of working with a range of technologies including: Virtualisation, Servers, Storage, Database, Networks, Security, Linux, Desktop and Cloud technologies (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, GGC, etc.), to build highly scalable and available platforms.
- Responsible for creation of high-level infrastructure designs that meet the architecture and operational standards of the Organization
- Supporting PM in creation of appropriate and accurate project estimates, that support the overall project delivery
- Act as technical design interface between the business, IT domains and external suppliers to integrate the components (application and infrastructure) into the final solution delivery and post-delivery transition to Operations support (BAU)
- Act as SME in their respective fields, providing specialist consultancy, advice and guidance on projects, to peer groups, technical areas as well as to customers
- Provide input and technical guidance to the creation and delivery of strategy and technology roadmaps
- Simplify technological landscape by deploying standardized designs and solutions
- Document infrastructure deliverables and components according to Organizational standards (including the update of processes and procedures wherever necessary)
- Identify opportunities for technological innovation that create competitive advantage to business
Key skills/ Knowledge required:
- Financial Controls - Wherever appropriate, ensure all project expenditure, commitments and all payments are properly authorized, controlled and monitored, in accordance with the Organizations Finance and Procurement processes
- Proven knowledge of IT infrastructure architectures covering various technology platforms
- Understanding and quick adoption of new/latest technology solutions
- Deploy standardized designs and solutions in accordance to Enterprise design standards
- Knowledge of Network, Security and Enterprise Architectural (EA) Frameworks
- Knowledge of financial services industry and regulatory controls
- Architecture Certifications preferably TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Systems Administration - MCP/MCSE, Virtualisation Technologies - VCP/VCA, Cisco Network and Security Technologies - CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, Linux and Unix
- Experience as infrastructure designer, Solution Architect, project designer is appreciated
The Infrastructure Design Consultant is expected to be capable of:
- Analysing Systems Requirements
- Leading Design and Review of New Systems
- Recommending Alternative Technologies and Improvements
- Planning for Infrastructure Integration
- Supporting Service Transition and Project Evaluation
- Client facing
- Clear and prompt in technical communication with all business stakeholders, most of the times verbal and the rest over emails and HLDs
- Team member with coordination and cooperating skills at team level, supporting not just business, but all team members