Our client, a global provider of IT services has an exciting role for an Infrastructure/ Network Analyst based in London on a 6 month rolling contract. Previous Experience in similar roles within Financial Services desirable.
This role will be working within the Engineering team responsible for releasing a complete stack of VMware vSphere (management services like vCenter, vCOPS and Log Insight) plus the hypervisor ESXi (next release is based on VMware vSphere 6.5). It also covers the regular release of new versions, e.g. as VUM baseline. The whole stack consists a set of PowerCLI scripts to fully automate the deployment into Production.
- Broad knowledge of virtualisation technologies, with specific in-depth knowledge the VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus feature set.
- Excellent ESXi OS level knowledge problem analysis and tuning experience (memory, disk, network, file system etc.)
- Strong scripting skills (shell / vCLI, PowerCLI)
- Good understanding of the vSphere API.
- Good understanding of EMC/ 3PAR storage technologies.
- Team player, high level of proactivity, commitment, flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Firm understanding of large scale infrastructure / distributed computing concepts
- Experience defining / documenting standards and processes in a large Enterprise environment
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- This role will require a good deal of collaboration with our team and other teams with the IT department
- German Language would be a bonus but not mandatory