Our client, a major global organisation, has an excellent opportunity available for enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking Infrastructure Specialist with solid experience. This will be a temporary 6 month contract initially. The office is based in Bradford
The role is a specialist in infrastructure technology, architecture and design. The purpose of the role is design, document and communicate Infrastructure Architecture across all IT programmes and projects. It is a senior role working as part of a small team and therefore excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- HLIA and Blueprint creation on time, to quality.
- Pre Project estimates produced on time and to acceptable variance.
- Acceptance by stakeholders of the proposed infrastructure solutions.
- Design with awareness of project budget constraints.
- Design with awareness of technical landscape and strategy.
- Governance of design through delivery and implementation.
- Multi-vendor, multi-partner environment.
- Work as part of a wider project team reporting to Project/Programme Manager.
- Work with Heads of IT on new initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with 3rd parties, build and infrastructure teams.
- Work closely with fellow Architects.
- Form initial infrastructure solution and estimate as part of 'pre project' activity.
- Manage delivery of necessary infrastructure design deliverables on time to required quality.
- Lead technical decisions needed and communicate to stakeholders.
- Ensure infrastructure solutions are best value in line with strategy and requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
Infrastructure technologies knowledge;
- Platform - Unix, Linux, Windows.
- Database - Oracle & MS SQL.
- Network - Data, Voice & SAN.
- Cloud - Primarily AWS, & Google. Others optional.
- TOGAF 9 qualification desirable
- Exposure to DEVOPS.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication - must be articulate
- Lead technical decision making
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience as an Infrastructure Architect in a complex environment.
- Experience as a Senior Technician in an infrastructure role.
- Experience working for a retail customer is ideal