Our client, a global provider of IT services has an exciting role for an Infrastructure Technical Project Manager based in London on a 6 month rolling contract. Previous experience in similar roles within Financial Services desirable.
This role is to support the current Nucleus private cloud automation project within the company.
The role is a supporting role, however candidates require deep technical understanding of the overall infrastructure, implementation of the solution as well as the wider relationship between the involved parties.
In particular, supporting the dbCloudmanager automation engineering team by tracking down issues and tests in Dev/UAT and production environments by analysing reporting data, log messages or database entries.
Keeping ownership of error resolution of reported issues coordinate investigations, troubleshooting and error resolution.
This role will require a good deal of collaboration within the team and other teams with the IT department of the company.
- Maintain dbCloudmanager INT + UAT environments: checking reports, logs and portal warnings, cleanup of old test VMs
- Production (and FMO testing) support: take ownership for reported issues, identify dbCloudmanager issues, coordinate investigations, troubleshooting and resolution
- Run internal tests in NGP UAT, e.g. new build templates, changed parameters, new API versions of external systems, etc.
- Includes communicating with other departments, changing parameters in the database, status reporting
- Creating and maintaining KPI metrics system for FMO and CMO performance data
- Analyse Database event and action tables to calculate performance and SLA related metrics and make them available scheduled or on demand.
- Support teams change mgmt process by attending CAB meetings and raising changes
- Documentation of automation processes and KPI and performance metrics.
- Very good infrastructure and network understanding (3)
- Error understanding and resolving skills by analysing logfiles and other application data
throughout the dbCloudmanager application (3)
- Programming skills (2), JAVA, Oracle PL/SQL knowledge
- Windows and Linux OS (2)
- Non-technical skills include Jira, Confluence and Documentation.
- Candidates should pride themselves on their reliability, diligence, and proactivity.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent spoken & written English is essential.
- Fluent German is desirable but not mandatory