Our client, a global finance organisation based in Central London, is seeking a financially astute Financial Analyst with superb Microsoft Excel skills to work in their Multimedia business. This is an urgent temporary/contract role with an immediate start that will run to end Dec 2015. Opportunities will be available to apply for other roles when the contract ends. A key part of the role will be communicating with team members who do not come from a finance background, and making financial information relevant to them. Excellent Excel skills are necessary, including the ability to create spreadsheets that are simple for non-finance team members to use.
- Assist in monthly reviews for all functions including commercial, production, operations and other departments by providing accurate data, variance comments, resource tracking, investigating abnormal items and providing details on customers, vendors, invoices etc as needed and identifying trends.
- Assist in monthly operating reviews with other departments globally.
- Assist in annual business plan and monthly forecast including historical data preparation, data consolidation, assistance in variance comments and identifying drivers.
- Provide day-to-day support to functional teams including budget codes, invoice and payment inquiry, financial process and accounting education.
- Drive process improvement and increase efficiencies.
- Assist Head of International Finance in meeting schedules, IT requests, and other administrative tasks.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Business or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Finance, preferably in FP&A or Operational Finance roles.
- Detail oriented, accurate.
- Communication skills, ability to articulate big picture with key details.
- Teamwork skills, ability to work well with multi-functional and diverse teams.
- Excellent Excel and data management skills. SAP and Powerpoint skills a plus.
- Excellent work ethic, hard working, committed.
- Comfortable in fast paced environment, efficient.
- A second language would be a strong advantage but is not essential.
- Able to work 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday (45 hour week).