Our Client has an opening for a permanent IT Helpdesk Analyst based at its offices in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. There is a planned office move to Coventry at the end of October 2018.
The Primary objective of this role is to deliver a quality 1st line support service for the various IT systems across the companies HQ and stores throughout Coventry, Warwickshire, South Leicestershire and Northamptonshire.
The IT department is a dynamic environment with numerous challenges in supporting the various technologies and services and transitioning to Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
Please note - This role requires a driver with full driving license and own transport for visiting company sites as above.
- Providing 1st/2nd Line support (remote/onsite) to all users across Head Office, Food and Funeral divisions via telephone/email with assisted guidance from IT Technical Lead and associated 3rd parties.
- Close attention to Helpdesk queue, aged tickets and service level agreements (SLA's); setting a clear expectation to users and proactive escalation to IT Manager.
- Management of IT Helpdesk group mailbox, ensuring timely responses.
- Crystal report writing for key stakeholders on an adhoc basis.
- User account administration
- Tape back-up status monitoring, security, storage and associated documentation.
- Installation, moves and changes of IT equipment including telephony.
- Installation of software and maintenance of software/hardware inventory including Food stores and Funeral branches.
- Installation of software patches and service packs (under guidance from IT Technical Lead).
- Ensuring that the configuration management database and request for change log is kept up to date.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and ensuring that training is kept up to date
Essential Skills/Experience required
- At least 6 month's 1st Line support experience within a help desk/service desk; retail an advantage.
- An understanding of EPOS, printer support and break fix elements.
- Proven track record of providing high quality customer service and communication skills.
- Logical problem solving through to resolution.
- An understanding of network infrastructure.
- Android and iOS configuration skills desirable.
- An IT or Customer Service qualification would be desirable (i.e. ITIL Foundation, CompTIA A+ etc.).
- Work well as part of a team, supporting colleagues through knowledge transition.
- Good working knowledge of Crystal Reports and Wordpress desirable.
- Full UK Driving License and own transport
- Communication & Impact - strong verbal and written communication essential when detailing incident logs and interaction with users including key stakeholders.
- Effective Listening - ability to gauge users understanding, being approachable and empathizing with user base
- Organized & Methodical - Analytical approach to problem solving
- Teamwork - self-motivated, works well with others and actively contributes to team objectives
- Innovation & Problem Solving - ability to think logically and analytically to overcome problems, encourages continuous improvement
- Productivity & Drive - proactive approach, demonstrates accountability and ownership, prioritises own workload and complete tasks unsupervised
- Customer Service & Empathy - delivering excellent customer service through a natural customer facing ability and a sensitive approach to the working environment when visiting funeral branches.
- Adaptability - ability to work under pressure, work to strict deadlines, demonstrate flexibility and positivity during times of change.