Our client, A global supplier of It Services requires an IT Infrastructure Business Analyst to join the Infrastructure Build / Development Dept. for a long term 1 year+ temporary contract at the customer HQ in Bracknell. Some short-term travel to Europe may be required if the project demands
As an IT Business Analyst, you will be responsible for defining business requirements to start projects and assist the Project Manager during the project life cycle.
The Business Analysis team play a pivotal role as the interface between the Business teams and IT, with significant opportunities for leading and influencing future product strategy
You will be expected to demonstrate your proficiency in line with the skills below:
Required skills / experience:
- Requirements Elicitation
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to analyse requirements for clarity, completeness, scope, and technical feasibility to provide start-up documentation for project approval
- Requirement prioritisation
- Facilitation skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience working in a business analysis role working with business and technical teams or similar experience working in business-based roles.
- Interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and drive to share knowledge in relation to requirements best practice.
- Facilitation skills
- Leading workshops for requirements elicitation
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Organisational skills
- Must have to ability to plan their own workload and be self-motivated to obtain the desired outcomes
- Stakeholder management
- Costs benefit analysis
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle (Waterfall or Agile).
- Business process modelling
- Documenting As-Is and To-Be processes
- Understanding & knowledge of IT infrastructure eg networks, databases and other technology
- Experience working with architects and development teams to ensure requirements are feasible.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture.
- Client facing, communication, assertive, team member skills, supportive
Desirable but not essential:
- Merger & Acquisition experience.
- Business Process Change experience.
- Industry recognised Business Analysis experience.
- Working in a Business Change team.
- Experience with process modelling tools e.g. Visio or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a Business Analysis role.