The Consultant will work closely with other members of the PMO, Project Managers, delivery teams and staff in the IT Department, developing working relationships to assist with the overall governance and control for IT deliveries. This role interacts with staff of all levels up to senior management to coordinate and manage deliverables and will report into the Associate Director, PMO.
Objectives of the Consulting Services
Principal, IT PMO provides assurance that the portfolio of IT work is in line with Bank strategy, is clearly defined and has correct support and approval. They will provide support and hold delivery teams accountable to ensure they deliver projects that adhere to the approved IT PMO standards.
- Manage the pipeline of IT project requests ensuring quality is applied
- Carry out project assessments and deep dives for problem resolution and continuous improvement.
- Managing of resources -direct and matrix as required within the PMO and for projects.
- Assess and implement Project Management tools where appropriate to enhance project delivery and project reporting.
- Communications and stakeholder engagement with stakeholder analysis including communications plan creation and implementation for projects and IT PMO.
- Providing value to Resource management and planning within IT including recruiting of project staff where needed.
- Share lessons learned and best practices, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels having increased transparency and informed decision making.
- Support deliverables within the IT Operating Model Work stream including increased cost transparency and improved IT governance.
- Review, advise and champion the creation and improvement of processes, procedures and tooling across the PMO team, supporting constant improvement of the function.
- Work with Associate Director, PMO and direct reports to formulate roadmap for the function embedding continual improvement, identifying key deliverables, execution and process improvement
- Assist with establishing PMO stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework.
- Work closely with Associate Director, PMO, advising and supporting when necessary, to provide a robust operating model for the Control and Analysis Team
- Facilitate the PMO in maintaining an accurate view of the status of all projects, and work with project managers to ensure that is kept up to date.
- Develop positive relationships across the Team to ensure communication is open and transparent, facilitating early identification of issues and risks and to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects
- Enforce and govern document management across the PMO
- Maintain relevant communication and PMO information including the intranet.
- Provide assurance on business cases and benefit benefits
- Track portfolios', programmes' and projects' performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritised view of all projects.
- Govern the PMO project lifecycle to ensure all documentation is in place, and stage-gate criteria are adhered to.
- Promote PMO standards, and act as an enforcer of these
- Support and develop managers to ensure they deliver projects following the agreed methodology
- Communicate PMO processes across the bank to all levels of staff to ensure investment process and governance is fully understood
- Maintain data and information in a variety of PMO tools and repositories.
- Develop positive relationships across the Team to ensure communication is open and transparent, facilitating early identification of issues and risks and to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects.
- Lead and champion the creation and improvement of processes, procedures and tooling.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Maintain and update the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support a PMO.
- Establishing PMO stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework.