Ivanti EPM Engineer (Banking)
Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires an Ivanti Endpoint Management Engineer with a background in Banking and a good knowledge of IT infrastructure to join the Infrastructure team for a temporary 6 month rolling contract based in City of London.
Successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the operational delivery of Ivanti Endpoint Management Suite and its associated services. This role has a key focus on assisting with the technical delivery of strategic projects, in addition to ongoing operational support of services.
Within the role you will provide 3rd line support, infrastructure delivery, BAU and project-based work across the enterprise. You will support IT incidents, effectively managing technical and business-based communication and ensuring that route cause analysis and effective resolution is delivered. You will enable infrastructure strategy to be realized via information and knowledge sharing with other infrastructure team members as well as architects.
Stakeholder management will play an important part of the role as will involvement in long-term projects requiring you to be a subject matter expert in your area of technology with a proven capability to advise and consult.
We require candidates with Windows 7 & 10 installation and configuration, Powershell & VB Scripting experience. A background in Banking is preferred.
- Responsible for the availability of the Ivanti Endpoint Management Suite and associate's services provided through this technology (Patch Management, OS Provisioning, Software Delivery etc).
- Responsible for the development, implementation and communication of associated Plan, Build, Check and Run activities associated with Ivanti such as the corporate build, patch content creation, packaging deployments, patch deployments, custom content creation for vulnerabilities, queries and reporting.
- Responsible for investigation and remediation of any security vulnerabilities in the End User estate within agreed timelines and ensuring minimal impact to the end user.
- Ensure support calls are within SLA, advising line management frequently through the use of KPI's
- Through standards and patterns, ensure security levels/ hardening across all End User Platforms through configuration and regular patch management of both the operating system and application.
- Through CI (continuous improvement) assist in maturing packaging and delivery strategy to include areas such as corporate application delivery, antivirus, security patching, drivers /updates, corporate server and endpoint build (PC's/ laptop/VM), provisioning / imaging OS deployment, user data migration and system tools such as Ivanti / Qualys and McAfee EPO.
- To assist with process and policy definition, for the selection and delivery of new end user devices such as PC's (physical or virtual) and peripherals for departments or users and manage the specification.
- Maintain awareness of technical developments within the industry and contribute to roadmaps for the Infrastructure Services estate.
- Escalate to line management problems or complaints should they arise and contribute to their resolution.
Key Skills/Knowledge required:
- Enterprise class level experience with Ivanti Endpoint Management Suite, including provisioning for OS installations and builds, patch management, reporting & queries, software distribution and packaging, administration and maintenance of an Ivanti environment including migrations and upgrades.
- Experience with producing reports / dashboards in Ivanti Extraction.
- Experienced in Windows 7 & 10, installation, configuration, maintenance and fault finding in an enterprise environment including knowledge of active directory, group policy and security hardening.
- Experienced in both PowerShell & VB scripting
- Experience of Microsoft AppV, windows installer technologies, MSI's, transforms and tools such as AdminStudio.
- Proven problem solving and diagnostic capabilities.
- Proven experience of working with ITIL framework including change management & release management
- A proactive approach and the ability to inspire others within the team.
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Degree level qualification or equivalent level/recent technology focused qualification.
- Good general knowledge of IT Infrastructure (hardware, software, database, networking and cloud technologies.
Desirable Technical Skills:
A good understanding and / or working practice of the following is desirable:
- Endpoint Security.
- Unified Endpoint Management
- IT Assets Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly
- Strong decision-making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment
- Strong numerical skills