Junior Desktop Support Engineer/EUC Facilitator
Our client, a major global IT service provider, requires Junior Desktop Support Engineers to join their teams in Halewood, Solihull & Castle Bromwich.
This is a 6-month temporary contract starting on the 1st November
The successful candidate will have a can do attitude and excellent customer service ethos as this is a client facing role.
You must have excellent organisational, communication skills as you will be organizing and scheduling the users and the vendors to collect and replace machines with new hardware.
- Ensuing Services successfully complete Win7 to Win10 device exchange for a set of users normally linked to a specific site location
- Manage users to meet scheduled appointments for device collection and provide Vendor with the site access they need to prepare and complete exchange of replacement devices
- Respond to FAQ directing users to the correct IT support service
- Support Vendor by ensuring old equipment is returned and collected against client policies
- Enforcing COVID19 health and safety measures
- Supervisory / Managerial responsibilities
Key Skills/ Knowledge:
- Good team players, people person
- Ability to self-motivate against agreed objectives
- Ability to assess user device collection plan and where required progress end user communications to ensure commitment to schedule
- Ability to manage meeting facilities and escorting Vendor engineers to the collection points as required
- Ability to use office tools including Excel reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Working experience of End User IT Landscape (desktops/laptops/printers, etc.)