L2-L3 AIX Administrator
Our client, a major global IT service provider, requires an experienced L2-L3 AIX Administrator with E2E migration experience to join their team for a 5- 6-month temporary contract starting immediately.
The successful candidate will have strong communication and documentation skills. This is a client facing role so good client facing skills are essential.
This role is based in West Midlands, Gaydon, Coventry with some travel required in West Midlands.
- Oversees and responsible for design, planning successful completion of Installation, configuration and migration
- Install and configure AIX operating systems and servers
- Plan and coordinate the testing, and maintenance of AIX systems software and related hardware
- Create & maintain documentation of AIX hardware and software components and user and operator procedures
- Oversees and is responsible for migration of AIX servers from AIX 5.x/6.x to AIX 7.2
- Operational support for the AIX servers related admin activities
Key Skills/ Knowledge:
- Installing, configuring and maintaining IBM AIX Servers
- Installation and configuration of HA environment using HACMP or Veritas Cluster
- Configuration and administration of Logical volume manager
- Patch and Package administration
- Configuring and supporting Domains, LPARs, DLPARs, WPARs
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue
- Performance Management & fine tuning
- Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, and AIX system Disaster recovery planning
- Experience with Server Migration, Installation, Upgrades and Patching
- Migration using NIM
Experience on following will be added advantage:
- Monitoring Tools (like HP Openview & IBM Tivoli)