Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires a Mobile Packet Core Network Design Engineer with a background in Telecoms Service Providers for a permanent position based in London. Start date ASAP.
Candidates must have solid mobile Packet Core Design experience with Service Provider networks, an understanding of 3G/4G EPC protocols and interfaces, an understanding of Mobile network architecture, experience preparing HLD and LLD documents, experience with Evolved Packet Core network elements PGW and SGW and an understanding of content filtering/categorization solution from Mobile perspective.
- Competent in designing Mobile packet core network solutions for projects, complying with IP Net. Dev. design standards
- Strong Design experience for mobile packet core network in service provider environment
- Excellent (document writing skills) in producing artefacts such as HLD and LLD, presentation and technical
- Diagrams as part of project engagements
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders to design optimal solutions
- Possess excellent communication skills to convey Risks, obtain sign-off, timely escalate issues to management, and send weekly project updates.
- Ensure eventless rollout of network changes by reviewing change requests
- Working Knowledge of GIT for managing configuration template.
- Ability to automate using DevOps tools.
- Ensure successful compliance for all design requirements by contributing actively in testing and provisioning activities such as test planning, Review of MoP's, etc
Mandatory Technical skills for the role
- Mobile Packet Core Network Design Experience with Service Provider Networks
- Understanding of 3G/4G EPC protocol and interfaces.
- Understanding of Mobile network architecture
- Capability to prepare HLD and LLD documents
- Experience with Evolved Packet Core network elements PGW and SGW,
- Understanding of Content filtering/categorization solution from Mobile perspective.
Additional skills required for the role
- Experience on ISIS, MPLS, RSVP, TE, QOS, LACP, BGP, BFD, HSRP, VPLS, Pseudo-wires, VRRP, SNMP, Netflow, IPv4/v6, 6PE, 6VPE etc.
- GIT, Confluence, MS Office