Our client, a global supplier of IT services, requires Netbackup Sr. Engineers for an 18month temporary contract to start ASAP.
You would be working with a team at the client site in Docklands London E14.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Netbackup Master Server / Media Server / SAN Media Server and Client Software installation and configuration on various OS with Database agents.
- Troubleshooting NetBackup/Avamar/TSM Communication Issues, Storage Life Cycle Policies, Tape Devices and Media & Disk Backups Resources.
- Design and implement improvements to the backup environment; ensure the ongoing maintenance of all components of Backup devices
- Managing Application Backup (Oracle / SQL / SharePoint / Exchange / DB2 etc.) / File System BKP etc.
- Debug Logging, NetBackup/Avamar/TSM Performance Improvement
- Analyse performance issues and storage usage patterns. Maintain adequate capacity of all storage and backup solutions
- Perform Backup monitoring, diagnostics, and complex root cause analysis, and implement corrective measures to prevent future service interruptions
- Solid knowledge of Netbackup/Avamar/TSM error codes.
- Experience in handling Unix, Linux and Windows Operating systems, application and Database (Oracle, SQL, DB2) servers
- Good knowledge of NAS/SAN backup and zoning concept
- Expert knowledge of Backup hardware (physical and disk-based Virtual Tape Library (VTL) libraries) and expertise to configure VTL Library
- Experience in ITIL Process Change Management / Incident Management / Problem Management
- Experience in Restoration Drill and DR Drill for Mission Critical and Critical Application.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in above skills
- Good teamwork skills and supportive to fellow team members
- Ability to work in London E14