Our client, a major global IT service provider, requires an experienced Network Administrator to manage their customer's plant network in Solihull.
This is a one year temporary contract with an immediate/ASAP start date.
This role has two 12hr shift patterns (6am - 6pm and 6pm - 6am) and you will be working four days on then four days off.
- Network support from on-site, 24X7 support shift support
- Provide support on day to day network incidents and issues
- Monitor the network and work with Network tools team for addition/deletion of the devices
- Support day to day changes and configurations in network infrastructure
- Manage and maintain the On-site spares availability for network infrastructure
- Coordinates with Network Delivery team for ongoing projects and provides support from Operations
- Maintain the Network CMDB up to date
- Support day to day cable patching requests and update the TRAX
- Vendor Coordination with Telecoms, Service providers & OEMs in the event of any faults or hardware issues
- Ensure all related process documents are up to date.
- Candidate should be CCNA/CCNP certified
- Excellent in Cisco Routing and Switching environment LAN & WAN
- Troubleshooting skills for Cisco Environment in quick time (Nexus 5500/6500/4500 series, Cisco Enterprise routers 3900, 3800 & LAN switches 3700, 3500, 2900 series) and CAT OS
- Knowledge of Wireless technology autonomous and lightweight.
- Knowledge of DNS/DHCP/HPOV NNMi, Prime Infrastructure and Cisco DNA
- Excellent Knowledge of network sniffer for capturing logs (Wireshark/ Ethereal/ Solar-wind or any other equivalent)
- Experienced in coordination with Telecoms/Service provider/Vendor coordination
- Knowledge of cabling and various modules (Ethernet and Fiber)
- Excellent Communication skill
- Candidate should be available to join immediately or on a short notice period
- 2-4 years Network Admin experience