Our client, a global provider of IT Services, requires a Network Configuration Engineer with at least 3 years' experience and strong Cisco, Juniper & Adva knowledge. The role is based in central London for a 6 month temporary contract starting on 7th January.
You will be accountable for undertaking the provision and service management of permanent and occasional use TV services, owning the end to end customer service and providing the additional technical knowledge needed to support the delivery of a wide range of TV services and capabilities, in both the UK and/or worldwide.
Service Configuration Engineer
- To ensure that network assets are handed over into operation in accordance with defined procedures and all systems are fully functional and operational to the satisfaction of the Service Operations Team(s).
- To provide technical input and support including investigative work on specific Network Implementation related projects, ensuring that appropriate documentation is produced and maintained in a clear and concise manner to allow successful delivery of the project either by the team, or other departments or external teams.
- Able to demonstrate technical and/or people leadership to ensure adherence to contractual/business/industry best practice.
You will need good working knowledge of:
- Switching & Routing technologies including Cisco, Juniper, Adva, Nevion
- QoS, MPLS, (and WAN Optimisation for Media).
- Network security threats, exploitation and prevention.
- Configuration and troubleshooting VPN's and Remote Access.
- Ability to identify and correct sub-optimal configurations ensuring adherence to industry best practice.
- Proven competence in implementing and overseeing change.
- Provide technical expertise in the design and implementation of network solutions and documents.
- Familiarity with Network Management and Monitoring Tools.
- Create and maintain operational documentation.
Digital Broadcast Support Professional
The ability to define and manage networking for Broadcast and Media services
- Juniper, Cisco, Adva, Nevion
- MPLS, VRF, MPLS traffic engineering, Route reflectors, CSC
- Routing protocols, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS
- Layer 2 protocols, Spanning-Tree, VTP, MST, VSS on 65xx
- WAN circuits (Frame-relay, ATM, PPPoE, DSL, PPP Multilink)
- Tunnelling solutions (DMVPN, IPSec, GRE)
- Pv6 and IPv6 tunnelling (6PE, 6VPE, 6to4, NAT-PT)
- The video formats used across consumer-based TV
- The origin and generation of the various video sources used in professional broadcast environments
- The format conversions between broadcast systems
- The associated hardware used for transmission and the logical configuration settings
- The quality merits of each format
- Compression and adaptive bitrate deployment
- End-to-end system synchronisation
- OSS Tools and Event Management
The Skills & Experience you need:
Qualifications and certifications
- Preferable: Appropriate Technical qualifications, experience and or certification for the domain areas. Experience with designing & supporting Cisco/Juniper/Adva/Nevion based networks for broadcast media. Knowledge of other broadcast and networking technologies.
- Mandatory: Dynamic, tenacious, enthusiastic and open-minded.
- Experience: Network Design, Delivery and or Operations.