Our Client, a global provider of IT services, requires a Network Engineer to join their Euro NetOps Project team based in London (either Uxbridge or Central London).
This is an 8 month temporary contract starting on 1st of February 2020 or middle March.
Successful applicants should hold current Cisco CCNP certificate or equivalent experience. You should have previous experience in preparing high and low level designs, design & implementation of routing & switching technologies and experience working with Wireless technologies (Cisco WLC, Aruba).
Technical skills to include racking of network equipment, cabling, troubleshooting, firewall experience with Palo Alto, Cisco Switches and routers. Technologies including MPLS, BGP, VPC. etc required
This position requires someone who has a full UK driving license and their own vehicle to attend office locations in and around the UK, mostly in the surrounding London area (E.g. Cambridge, St Albans, Slough, and Swindon). Additionally, you will be required to travel within the EU without Visa constraints.
- 5-7 years of Network Experience
- Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent
- Preparing High Level & Low Level designs as per proposed solution
- Design & Implementation of Routing and Switching technologies
- Experience working with wireless technologies (Cisco WLC, Aruba)
- Participate in the supporting, planning, configuration and deployment of client network environment
- Experience in provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies
- Proven experience with network services and dynamic routing (BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, VRF, HSRP, IPSLA,QoS, IPSec, SNMP, RADIUS, TACAS…)
- Knowledge in implementing and supporting switched networks, including (VTP, STP, HSRP, trunking, VLANS, port security and monitoring) in a multi-vendor environment
- Hands on experience with routers, switches, firewalls (Palo Alto, Net-Screen, SRX, CISCO IOS, CISCO Nexus, Arista and others)
- Propose & Validate BoM for network infrastructure solutions
- Preparing Scope of work and project plans for the Solution
- Act as the point of escalation for all networks related issues.
- Use of network tools for administration, maintenance, automation, and visualisation/reporting.
- Proven experience in network and infrastructure principles and general network management best practices
- Strong written/verbal communication & customer relationship skills. Strong technical and problem resolution skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English language skills. Additional languages would be a bonus (French/German) but not pre-requisite.