Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires a Network Engineer for a 6 months rolling contract.
The Purpose of the Role:
A successful candidate will be part of the Public Cloud Centre of Excellence, which is a dedicated team bringing together our client's technical expertise in cloud, infrastructure, control and automation. The mission is to build the commercial, technical, architectural and operational frameworks that will allow our client to operate successfully and securely within an agile public cloud world.
- Defining architecture and creation of network standards for GNS systems operating in Public Cloud including leveraging and expanding on existing and new design standards as applicable
- Analyzing the gap across Cloud providers - configurations management and feature alignment
- Liaising with internal customers and cross functional teams (e.g. CSO), as required, raising changes as needed and deploying new technologies as required by the project
- Delivering and accelerating DB's adoption of Cloud technology within GNS
- Supporting operations, project managers and the regional management team in project planning, tracking, and reporting when required.
- Actively participating in the wider DevOps
- Training in areas of subject matter expertise
- Participating in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning
- Previous experience working in a corporate global network environment, including financial institutions
- Expertise in routing and switching and overlay SDN technology.
- Experience security architecture and firewalls systems (Checkpoint), IPS, Proxy, DDoS mitigation
- Experience security governance and standards
- Cloud and Network aware with Azure/AWS Experience and knowledge of Multi Region & Multi Tenant Topologies, Auto Scaling, Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, SNS, DNS, CDNs and WAFs
- Knowledge of Azure network topology (or AWS equivalents); VNETs, NSG, Subscriptions, UDRs and virtual network appliances
- Experience with PowerShell, Anisble and Python to build infrastructure as code
- Experience MAN/WAN technologies (co-location facilities and cloud service providers)
- Familiarity with network services such DNS, DHCP, Netflow