Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires a Network Engineer with a solid experience of Palo Alto Firewall and F5 Load Balancer devices.
This is a 6 months temporary contract based in London with an immediate start. For the right candidate the contract could be extended further.
Subject Matter Expert (SME):
- To be the SME for network security infrastructure
- To keep abreast of industry network security technological advancements
- To advise on network systems and solutions that will benefit the Client
System Operation and Maintenance:
- Install, maintain and upgrade Client's network security devices
- Install and maintain the Client's firewall estate
- Maintain network services, including supplier circuits and vendor services
- Co-ordinate network service requests. Verify design and implement changes following the Client's change control procedure
- Maintain and create, where necessary, a full set of comprehensive network diagrams and documentation
- Take ownership of network incidents and troubleshoot from first alert to resolution, liaising with users, internal teams, and vendors
- Conduct project activities to specific time lines and deliver network project tasks and objectives assigned to the team
- Assist with the support and maintenance of all other Network System Support duties)
- To have worked as part of a network security team within a large multi-site mission critical network environment.
- Experience of CheckPoint, Palo Alto and Cisco ASA network security devices.
- Experience of F5 BIP LTM and BIG IP DNS such as GTM devices
- Experience of next generation and virtual context firewalling
Essential Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewall configuration
- F5 BIP LTM and BIG IP DNS such as GTM devices
- Threat defence
- Trouble shooting, monitoring and reporting tools
- Threat defence & Data Center architectures
- Security architectures
- Network Address Translation
- VPN technologies
- Maintain and monitor network performance
- Troubleshoot the network and able to drive problem resolution through the appropriate escalation channels
- Being conversant with the latest network security thinking, technologies and polices and able to evaluate and understand new products within the department's scope
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and must be able to document and articulate to others key issues in the infrastructure arena
- Able to confidently participate in white board type design and review session.
- Customer facing skills
- Relevant Health and Safety, safety standards and manual handling
- Record keeping
- Strong communication skills