Our client, A global provider of IT services, requires an experienced Network/Firewall Engineer with excellent documentation and communication skills for a 12 month temporary contract based in Leeds (ASAP start)
Main Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Take ownership for network problems and deliver the agreed actions within agreed time scales
- To support and maintain the Banks agreed SLAs for the various service end user tools used within the Group.
- Fault finding and diagnosis skills in the above.
- Provide consultancy and advice to provide guidance on meeting business needs for network requirements and recommend technically sound, appropriate, cost effective deliverables
- Work closely with Infrastructure & Service Delivery Technical Solutions and Group IT to identify and agree highly available, cost effective, strategically and policy aligned designs that meet business requirements and that can be delivered within the required time scales
- Analyse, design, cost and manage deployment of small, large and complex network solutions to meet stated business requirements
- Management and communication of technical deliverables
- Take responsibility for and provide technical project management to ensure timely delivery of requirements including effective management of both internal and third-party resources
- To interface with Group CIO & IAM to influence the direction of product technology ensuring the products delivered provide a stable cost-effective service that meet business requirements.
Technical Skillset and Key Requirements:
- Technically, will be CCSE/CCSA/CCNP (Switching & Routing) or qualified through experience with Checkpoint & ASA Firewalls. Ideally resource will also have a range of wider Cisco Networks skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge in Checkpoint firewalls and associated products essential.
- Knowledge in Cisco ASASM / ASA firewalls and associated products essential.
- Knowledge of Cisco Nexus Routers and Switches
- Knowledge of VPN and Remote Access technologies.
- Project Management skills
- Excellent planning and co-ordination skills the ability to effectively prioritise and to work with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at a number of different levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to present technical information at an appropriate level with good presentational skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to identify and explain business benefits resulting from a technical strategy
- Minimum 5+ years' experience
- Client facing role with technical knowledge and strong communication.