Our client is a global IT shared services company, providing services including networks to ensure each company has the services provided in the most cost-effective way. Networks are provided for each company in a manner best suited to their business needs rather than a single global network framework. We require an experience Network Tower Lead with a technical background in Networks to join this unique company.
Purpose of The Role
- Accountable for maintaining and assuring 3rd party service delivery for Network related services to ensure that the existing service performs as expected to the agreed SLA's and supports the Group business's appropriately.
- Develop activities to ensure all elements of the service are thought through, comply with Group architecture standards and meet the demands and requirements of each group company
- Work with other tower leads especially Server/DC tower and Service Management to ensure an end to end service is being delivered and work with the CIO regional teams to ensure quality service is being delivered within any given Opco/Region/country/location to an agreed level of cost, service quality and timeframe.
- Proactively search for opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided within the Network Tower.
- Ensure great working relationships with appropriate stakeholders across the Operating Companies through the Regional Customer Service Managers and within the wider Group IT functions.
- Agree viable approach and plans for network provisioning with the main Operating companies
- Define roadmap for improvements to Network provisioning and provide thought leadership and direction to achieve via the key third party suppliers.
- Establish good working relationships with all 3rd party suppliers within the Network area, particularly with IBM, Cisco and Vodafone.
- Establish a strong partnership with the IBM Service Tower Lead role.
- Assure compliance and Group security standards are being met by suppliers, especially Patching, Security compliance, Firewall protection, Authentication, etc.
- Manage a complex internal and external supply chain, escalating issues as necessary to the Tower Lead and / or to the Services Director.
- People performance management with the direct team.
- All aspects of crisis management: escalation, root cause analysis, disaster recovery, business continuity planning for the network specifically but also in relationship with other towers eg datacentres
- Ensure alignment with the Company Enterprise Architecture especially the Network Architecture lead.
- Strong communication, influencing and analytical skills.
- Good technology insight especially Networks, with a full appreciation of how technology can enable positive business change.
- This will include a good understanding of WAN, LAN, Voice and Cloud technologies at a technical level and fully cognisant of emerging trends and technology directions on all aspects of computing and how that relates to networks
- Working knowledge and understanding offend to end Service Delivery.
- Strong technical knowledge of networks including WAN, Voice, Cloud, emerging technologies etc especially as they apply in large corporates where complexity and diverse networks are more apparent
- Strong ITIL service management knowledge and experience and qualified to at least Practitioner level
- Proven experience of delivering complex Network related projects in a large, global complex environment
- Good industry awareness to help contribute to the continued evolution of Service Delivery processes in line with industry best practice
- Strong supplier management skills
- Proven leadership and people skills
- Provide strong leadership to the Network team, to the Service Mgt team, and to the IT community in general.
- Be accountable and deliver on the promise
- Be the go to person for all things Network
- Build and maintain a strong team of qualified Network technical PM's
- Be a strong team player
- Influence successful delivery via other people especially 3rd Party suppliers rather than yourself
- Communicate and influence at all levels within the Group and within the supplier community effectively
- Be able to motivate others and create a positive 'can do' mentality within the IT community
- Lead by example in a complex, global and every changing environment
- Manage ambiguity without fuss.