NSX-V, NSX-T Engineer
Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires an NSX V, NSX-T Engineer for a 1+ year temporary contract based in Milton Keynes.
The successful candidate will be working within the Virtualisation and Network teams to provide design, implementation and administrative support for network virtualisation technologies.
Applicants must have experience with NSX and a working knowledge of the VMware product portfolio, Cisco and ACI.
- NSX installation, configuration and management
- Layer 2 switching and both static and dynamic Layer 3 routing
- Integration with virtual standard and distributed switches
- Management of networking policies for performance, scalability, and ease of administration
- Creating and administering NSX logical switches, Layer 2 bridges, routers, load balancers, VPNs, firewalls
- Creating and administering Edge services, such as DHCP, DNS, and NAT, configuring and managing High Availability
- Operational tasks, such as user permissions and roles, automation, monitoring, logging, auditing and compliance, backup and recovery
- Play a key team member role to customer on design, plan & migration
- Experience of troubleshooting an Enterprise-class NSX networking implementation
- Good knowledge and experience of large vSphere SDDC environments and related architecture
- Experience in maintaining support procedures, identifying issues, and resolving problems relating to applications and infrastructure
- Automation experience using automation tools (i.e. vRealize for automation (vRA, vRO or Ansible)
- Good teamwork skills and ability to contribute within a busy team
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work with and train other members of the team
- Client facing skills and happy to collaborate with client team
- CCNA qualified
- VCP-NV qualified
- Cisco ACI experience